My Calendar of Firsts for this week:
- Bats (Pipistrelle?) flying over the garden at dusk.
- Wonderful weather! We had snow on Tuesday, Thunder on Thursday, and snow again on Friday!
- We have a wee Robin that visits our garden, and we had the pleasure of several visits this week.
- The nesting duck in my parent’s garden has disappeared. No sign of the eggs, no sign of any struggle, so we are hoping all is well. I sketched a photograph of a Mallard egg for reference.
- The tadpoles are thriving, as is Rosie’s Horse Chestnut.
What is happening in the natural world where you live?