Celebrating The Seasons With Children is a series of handbooks written to guide you, step by step, in creating meaningful and authentic celebrations for your own family.
A simple, open and go format gives you all the information you will need to celebrate the seasons of the year. Both the natural rhythms, and also the seasons that we celebrate as a church.
PDF DOWNLOAD ONLY: contains 37 pages
Celebrating The Seasons With Children: Midsummer and St. John’s Tide : 24th June
Traditionally, Midsummer is celebrated on June 24th, the feast day of St. John the Baptist. The sun, a burning and shining light, is at its highest point in the sky, during the heady and dreamy days of midsummer. The feast day of Saint John, whom Jesus himself described as a ‘burning and shining lamp,’ reminds us to prepare the innermost pathways of our souls, and to make straight the way for Jesus into our hearts.
Within this guide, you will find:
- Getting started: notes on using this guide
- About Midsummer and St. John’s Tide
- Joyfully Observing Midsummer and St. John’s Tide
- Book List
- A poem to enjoy as you celebrate
- A piece of art to enjoy as you celebrate
- Midsummer and St. John’s Tide Journal Pages
This resource is written for a wide range of ages.