My Calendar of Firsts for this week:
- Lots of tadpoles in the garden. We had friends come over this week to collect some for their own garden 🙂
- Rosie’s Horse Chestnut is thriving! Last autumn, Rose planted a conker in a pot. It survived the severe storms we had, despite being blown out of it’s pot and is as strong and healthy as can be.
- Gorse (although this one is cheating, as there is always gorse, but it is one of my favourite flowers and I even wear gorse perfume.)
- The ‘Milk Moon’ on Friday was just breathtaking. A huge, golden sphere, hanging heavy in the sky, it lit up all the surrounding clouds with its pale light.
- In other, exciting news, my parents have a duck nesting under the shrubs in their garden! She has feathered her nest, laid eggs, and is sitting very quietly. Watch this space!