This week in Exploring Nature With Children is ‘Winter Solstice Week’.
The Solstice actually falls on Monday the 21st. Because of the way the Solstice falls in relation to Christmas this year, I thought it best to study the Winter Solstice in the week leading up to the day to give you enough time to spend time learning all about the special event in the natural year. Please feel free to adapt the schedule for your own family!
Here are some helpful links to help with your studies:
- 10 Things About The December Solstice
- Why the days are shorter in winter and longer in summer (video)
- Billy Nye explains the seasons (video)
- How to Draw Trees in Winter (Tutorial)
- Exploring the solstice & equinox – nature journaling
Exploring Nature With Children is an open and go curriculum. To make it even easier, I have created a free calendar for you to download. There’s a direct link in my profile.
If you’re following along with the community over on Instagram, do pop over and say hello! Think of it as your virtual home school co op!
To enable you to connect with other families working through the ENWC curriculum, this week’s hashtag will be: #ENWCwintersolsticeweek