Luke 1:32-35 ESV
The angel continued “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David,and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”
And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?”
And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore, the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.
Let’s make play dough 🙂
Play dough is great for your child to play with whilst you read aloud, allowing them to create the characters you read about, or just to enjoy its lovely texture. It may also help to keep them busy while you get on with Christmas preparations for a little while (not guaranteed!)
- 300g salt
- 360g plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250ml warm water
- Mix together all the dry ingredients
- Add the oil.
- Gradually add the water until you reach a good dough texture.
- Knead for a few moments to improve the texture.
For fun you can add different ingredients;
- Cinnamon & ground ginger (1 tsp each) for a gingerbread playdough
- Peppermint essence (a few drops) and red food colour for candy cane play dough
- GLITTER! and food colour of your child’s choice for Christmas magic (You can buy biodegradable glitter here)
See you tomorrow for more advent fun.