I was nominated by Mommy Lanes Adventures for the One Lovely Blog Award, thank you very much, I am honoured!
Here are the rules for this award:
Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award.
Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog.
Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
Nominate 5 bloggers that you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 Facts About Me:
- I am a knitter who loves to spin her own yarn. I love to sink my hands into a beautiful Shetland fleece! I adore the whole process, from choosing the perfect fleece, washing it, preparing it, spinning it, dyeing it (though I love to work with natural colours too.) to knitting the finished item.
- I really love clothes, and I pretty much live in dresses. If you catch me in a pair of jeans, it’s a rare thing!
- My faith is very important to me, in a deeply personal way. For the last few years I have been fortunate enough to be able to go on a weekend silent retreat, in the depths of winter, which has blessed my soul immensely. And my children have a ball with daddy, watching movies, eating pizza, & generally making a mess at home 🙂
- My first job was as a beauty therapist, and before I had the girls, I worked as a national make up artist for a international company.
- I am married to my childhood sweetheart.
- I celebrate the liturgical year and special seasonal days, such as the winter solstice. I do my best to see the beauty and celebration in each day.
- My passion is seeing families exploring and enjoying the outdoors together.
7 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award”
Wow, the retreat sounds so amazing! I’ve always wanted to learn to knit but still no luck. Maybe one day!:) Loved learning a little more about you!:)
Thank you Ashley 🙂
Thanks for the nomination Lynn @)
Oh, this is fun to learn a bit more about you. Most of this, I could gather in bits and pieces from your lovely blog and snippets and peeks into your lovely life!
HELLO, trying to purchase your nature book and am not able too. It doesn’t seem to like my credit card. I do live in the US, not sure it that’s the problem. Any ideas? -Clare Nugent
Thank you for your message; sorry you are having difficulties.
It might sound silly, but have you tried changing browser? I find it fixes most things!
Let me know how you get on.