Luke 1:67-69 ESV
And his father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied, saying, “Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, for he has visited and redeemed his people and has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David.”
Today we will take the rocks that you found on your walk yesterday to make paperweights, or small garden decorations. These will make lovely Christmas gifts for friends and family members.
- Take your rock and wash it well.
- Use a pencil to mark a design of your choosing. (The Christmas templates we used to make Christmas cards earlier on during Advent may come in useful again here.)
- Use felt-tip markers or poster paints to fill in your design.
- Allow the design to dry well, then if your child wishes, they can outline aspects of the design with a metallic marker.
- You can then seal the design with a layer of varnish, or watered-down PVA glue. If the rock will be kept indoors, this really isn’t necessary.
- Display with pride!
See you tomorrow for more advent fun.