Luke 1:46-55 ESV
Mary’s Song of Praise: The Magnificat
And Mary said,
“My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour,
for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
And his mercy is for those who fear him
from generation to generation.
He has shown strength with his arm;
he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;
he has brought down the mighty from their thrones
and exalted those of humble estate;
he has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
in remembrance of his mercy,
as he spoke to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his offspring forever.”
Let’s make play dough 🙂
Play dough is great for your child to play with whilst you read aloud, allowing them to create the characters you read about, or just to enjoy its lovely texture. It may also help to keep them busy while you get on with Christmas preparations for a little while (not guaranteed!)
- 300g salt
- 360g plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250ml warm water
- Mix together all the dry ingredients
- Add the oil.
- Gradually add the water until you reach a good dough texture.
- Knead for a few moments to improve the texture.
For fun you can add different ingredients;
- Cinnamon & ground ginger (1 tsp each) for a gingerbread playdough
- Peppermint essence (a few drops) and red food colour for candy cane play dough
- GLITTER! and food colour of your child’s choice for Christmas magic (You can buy biodegradable glitter here)
Makes notes on the play dough recipe and your chosen ingredients in your Family Advent Journal.
See you tomorrow for more advent fun.